Thursday, October 16, 2008
This Could Be a Problem...
The City of Mumbai taxi and rickshaw drivers announced today that they are going on strike indefinitely. In a city of 17 million people where public transportation is a necessity, that is a pretty big deal. Luckily I work at a school that provides transportation if you request it far enough in advance, but as far as the day-to-day getting around I seem to be a bit out of luck for the next few days (only, I hope!). God help me if I have to start using that train for regular transportation... I swear, I'll quit!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Eeek. Good luck lady!
I have a question, in India, do the bus drivers/taxi drivers/rickshaw drivers strike often? In Italy, the went on strike all thet ime. It's like they wanted a day off so they said, "Okay, we're striking now." They would all just sit outside the bus station, drinking wine or beer with signs lazily cast beside them...the Italian version of a strike.
Post a Comment