Saturday, August 30, 2008

Let's Go Eagles!

One of my favorite things that I do at ASB is coach the swim team. It's a lot different from any other swim program that I'm used to, but just being able to be out in the sunshine coaching puts a big smile on my face every day.

Today we had our first of three swim meets that will take place during our brief six week season. I'm happy to report that after a morning of fierce competition, the Eagles were victorious (we had an "internal meet" so we were swimming ourselves)! Our next meet will be a real challenge because we're actually swimming another team, and then our last meet is the league championships in Colombo, Sri Lanka. The season is short, and sweet and the organization of the program gives me even more respect for the JRAC system I grew up in. Despite the differences between what I'm used to and how things work over here, though, it is so great to watch the kids improve and have fun. And it's pretty cool to do cheers in Hindi.

2 comments:

susanhogg said...

Not much can top the JRAC league and the Mrs. Watson's of the world. I can tell by your picture that you are going to toughen those kids up!

AnCas said...

oh my gosh - teach me a hindi swim team cheer !